Char Dham Yatra 2019
Duration: 11 Nights 12 Days
Destination Covered:Delhi - Haridwar - Barkot - Yamunotri - Uttarkashi - Gangotri - Guptkashi - Kedarnath - Badrinath - Rishikesh - Rudraprayag - Haridwar - Delhi
Price: ₹ 29500
In simple terms, Char Dham conveys the presence of four sacred abodes. But it has a got a great significance in Hindu religion. Char Dham originally used to refer to a pilgrimage circuit encompassing four holiest sites which were located at four directions of India - Badrinath, Puri, Rameshwaram and Dwarka. They were established by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th century AD. A relatively smaller circuit of Hindu pilgrimage is formed by the four hallowed places of Indian Himalayas, which are also known as Chota Char Dham. Chota means small in Hindi. Alternately called Char Dham of Himalayas or Char Dham of Uttarakhand, the revered group possesses four sacred sites - Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamnotri. There are three major sects in Hinduism - Shaivism, Vaishnavism and Shaktism. The Char Dham of India consists of three Vishnava locations (Dwarka, Badrinath and Puri) and one Shaiva (Rameshwaram). Hindu pilgrimage circuit of Indian Himalayas represents all the primary cults by having two Shakta sites (Yamunotri and Gangotri), one Vaishnava site (Badrinath) and one Shaiva site (Kedarnath). Adi Shankaracharya, who has been credited with the creation of the four holiest abodes in India, is believed to have attained freedom from his bodily form in Kedarnath.
Four pious spots of Garhwal Himalayas find mention in many great Hindu texts such as Vedas and Puranas and assume a very important position in Hindu religion. The temples of Chota Char Dham are located in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. Yamunotri and Gangotri are located in Uttarkashi district, Kedarnath is in Rudraprayag district and Badrinath is in Chamoli district. Land of Uttarakhand is also known as Dev Bhumi (Land of Gods) because of the various tales of divine beings finding its permanent home in the ever flowing rivers, river confluences, shrines, rocks, caves and, most importantly, in peoples faith. Going to the four sacred places would take you through the most picturesque landscape involving dense mountain forests, meadows, large valleys, waterfalls, rivers, river confluences and flowers. With plentiful of natures presence in every nook and corner of Uttarakhand, pilgrimage in Himalayas becomes more rejuvenating and spiritually uplifting.
Start your drive to Haridwar form Delhi. On your way to Haridwar, get your Biometric test done for the Yatra. On reaching Haridwar, check-in to your hotel. In the evening, visit the Har- Ki- Pauri to attend the grand Ganga Aarti on the banks of Ganges. Later, return to the hotel for dinner and have a comfortable stay at night.
This morning, you depart for Barkot / Jankichatti. Barkot is a beautiful hill station which is located on the foot of Yamunotri. As you drive through Mussoorie, you can visit the famous Kempty Falls on your way. On arrival at Barkot, check-in to your hotel/camp. Rest of the day is free to relax and store your energy for the Pahad (hiII) Yatra of Yamunotri the next day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Barkot.
After breakfast, depart for Hanumanchatti (40 Km), Janki Chatti (8 km). Here you will begin the First Pahad Yatra of Yamunotri (6 Km trek). You have an option of hiring palki or a horse for your trek. (Cost Not Included). The trek passes through lush green valley, a profusion of conifers, rhododendrons, cacti and several species of Himalayan shrubs. Yamunotri (altitude 3,291 m), the western most shrine of the Char Dhams, is snuggled in the Banderpunch range (6,361 m). Yamunotri is the source of the river Yamuna, the twin sister of Varna, the Lord of Death. Yamuna is also the daughter of Surya the Sun. The actual source of the river originates from Champasar Glacier 1 km a head of the shrine, at an altitude of 4,321 mts. On arrival by afternoon in Yamunotri take holy dip in Yamuna River and perform Pooja. Return via the same route back to Barkot, check in at Hotel / Camp. Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel in Barkot.
After breakfast check out from the Barkot hotel and drive to Uttarkashi. On arrival check in into the hotel. Uttarkashi is situated on the banks of river Bhagirathi and is famous for its historical monuments, Temples & Ashrams. In the evening, Visit the famous Vishwanath Temple. Dinner and Overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
Early morning breakfast at hotel and drive to Gangotri. Nestled in the magnificent Garhwal Himalayas, Gangotri is set at an altitude of 3048 mts. Upon arrival at Gangotri take a holy dip in the sacred river Ganges which is also called Bhagirathi at its origin Visit the Gangotri Temple. The 18th centurys temple dedicated to Goddess Ganga is located near a sacred stone where King Bhagirathi worshipped Lord Shiva. Ganga is believed to have touched earth at this spot. The temple is an exquisite 20 ft. high structure made of white granite. After performing Pooja Late afternoon drive back to Uttarkashi. Dinner & Overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
Leave for your next destination, Guptkashi after having your breakfast early in the morning. On reaching, check-in to the hotel. Guptkashi is located at a distance of 47 km from the holy shrine, Kedarnath. The town holds immense religious importance as it houses famous ancient temples like Vishwanath Temple and Ardhnareshwar Temple. Get your medical checkup done for your next day’s journey to Kedarnath. Have your dinner and stay overnight in the hotel/camp.
Early morning after breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Sonprayag. From where, you will start your 20 km trek to Kedarnath. You can hire a Doli or a horse, for your trek (Cost Not Included). Mandakini, one of the main tributaries of the Ganges originates at Kedarnath and flows through Gaurikund. Trudging with you are pilgrims chanting "Jai Bholenath." Sometimes the mist would envelop the mountains and slowly lift away, revealing a shiny blinding-white peak that threatens to rupture the skies. On arrival check in at Govt. Camps/Lodges. Dinner and Overnight at Govt. Camps/Lodges
Early morning you get up before dawn and after taking bath you are at the temple by 4:45 am for the Abhishek’ to Kedarnath Shiva. Everyone can go inside Garbha Griha and touch the idol. You can also prostrate with your head touching the deity etc. After darshan and puja you come out of the temple and return to the Govt. Camps / Lodges. Later youll start the return trek of 20 km from Kedarnath to Sonprayag. The vehicles wait for you in Sonprayag Car Parking and you’ll drive to your hotel (Guptkashi/Rudraprag). Dinner and Overnight at Guptkashi/ Rudraprayag .
This morning, you check out of the hotel at 08:00 am and drive to Badrinath via Joshimath. After having your breakfast in the morning, check out of the hotel and start driving towards your next destination, Badrinath via Joshimath. Badrinath is an important pilgrimage site which holds immense importance for both Hindus and Buddhists. Badrinath temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is set at a height of 3133 meter. After driving through some wonderful Ghat road you arrive at Badrinath. On arrival check into the hotel. After some rest and refreshments you are all set to go to Badrinath Temple for darshan in the evening. But first you have to go to Tapt Kund (Hot Spring), take bath and then go to the temple. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the temple of Shri Badrinath Ji is 15 meters in height, built in the form of a cone with a small cupola of a gilt bull and spire. Later back to hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel.
This morning, visit Badrinath Temple for Darshan. Later, return to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, you can leave for local sightseeing at Badrinath. Visit major attractions of Badrinath such as Mana Village, Vyas Gufa, Ganesh Gufa, and Mata Murti temple. In the afternoon, check out from the hotel and head towards Rudraprayag via Joshimath. En-route visit Karanprayag. Rudra Prayag holds great religious importance. Also, the town features stunning natural beauty and tranquility. On reaching Rudraprayag, check-in to the hotel. You can relax for the rest of the day or explore the beauty of Rudraprayag. Have your dinner and stay overnight at the hotel.
Early morning, after breakfast, you drive downhill to Rishikesh a spiritual city and the Yoga capital of the world. On reaching Rishikesh youll do the Rishikesh sightseeing visit Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula. Evening drive to Haridwar. On arrival check in at hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel.
Morning breakfast at hotel, and you are on your last lap of this Chardham Yatra journey. Drive back to Delhi. On reaching Delhi transfer to Railway Station / Airport.
|Per Person Cost||Standard||Deluxe|
|Minimum 02 Pax||₹ 31600||₹ 40222|
|Minimum 04 Pax||₹ 28500||₹ 31555|
|Minimum 06 Pax||₹ 27500||₹ 29500|
|Minimum 12 Pax||₹ 23500||₹ 28500|
|Minimum 20 or More Pax||₹ 18500||₹ 25500|
|Haridwar||Hotel Urmi or similar||Ambrosia Sarovar Portico or Similar|
|Barkot||Riya Residency/Inder Palace/Similar||Yamonetri river resort|
|Uttarkashi||Mahima Resort/Ganga Putra or similar||Hotel 5 Elements|
|Badrinath||Hotel Shiv or similar||Narayan Palace or Similar|
|Guptakashi||Hotel Giriraj / Hotel Jagatraj or similar||Himalayan Comfort|
|Rudraprayag||Shangrilla / similar||Monal Resort or Similar|
|Kedarnath||Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Rest House||Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Rest House|
|Badrinath||Hotel Shiv or Similar||Narayan Palace / Similar|
Tour cost Includes:-
- Accommodation on twin / triple sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Veg. only at hotels.
- Welcome drinks on arrivals
- News Papers in the vehicle
- Surface transportation by AC Cars (AC will switch off in Hills)
- All interstate taxes, permits, parking, road tax, toll taxes and fuel charges etc include.
Cost Does Not Include :-
- Cost of Rail or Airfare to and from the meeting and dropping place of the tour except Airport to Airport Tours / specifically mentioned in the tour itinerary. Cost of any individual Airport / Railway station transfer
- Any Increase in the Airfare / Hotel tariff charges.
- Any Increase in the fuel surcharge or any kind of taxes levied by the respective government or statutory bodies.
- Cost of extension of the validity or deviation from the route of the tour in case of Airport to Airport tours.
- Porterage(Coolie charges), laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menus.
- Cost of Insurance.
- Extra stay pre/post tour.
- Any extra expenses incurred for changing the route due to any unforeseen circumstances, forced majuire instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes etc.
- Extra cost incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization or any Individual unforeseen cost incurring incidence.
- In case of Pilgrimage tours cost of horse back, Doli, Helicopter (unless specifically mentioned), chopper etc.
- Any private transfers taken to move from one place to another instead of coach.
- Additional extra topping if taken.
- If any activity/sightseeing done twice.
- Any add-on sightseeing/activities along with transfers if done other than mentioned in the tour program.
- Fur coats/Jackets to visit snow point or any special attire required to visit any particular sightseeing place.
- Any upgradation in the room category or air line class.
- Extra photographs clicked other than group photographs.
- Extra water bottle charges.
- Premium seat charges.
- Medicines required if any.
- Service or Government taxes as applicable from time to time.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in Your Tour Price Includes Column.
- Chardham Yatra Ex Haridwar
- Badrinath Dham Yatra - Ex Haridwar
- Badrinath Dham Yatra - Ex. Delhi
- Kedarnath Dham Yatra - Ex. Haridwar
- Kedarnath Dham Yatra - Ex. Delhi
- Do Dham Yatra (Kedarnath & Badrinath) Ex. Haridwar
- Do Dham Yatra (Kedarnath & Badrinath) Ex. Delhi
- Teen Dham Yatra - Ex Haridwar
- Char Dham Yatra - Ex Delhi
- Chardham Yatra Ex Delhi
- Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Chardham Yatra Tour Package
Call an Expert » +91 9870499704
- 6 Days / 5 Night
- Srinagar - Gulmarg - Sonamarg...